Welcome to Dody Chiropractic! Our warm and inviting environment is the ideal place to begin your journey to healing and optimal health. We pride ourselves on being on time and providing high-quality, efficient care. And because we’re family-friendly, we feature an area for children that has stuffed animals they can adjust, toys and books.
The First Visit
- You can expect a smiling face at the front desk when you come in. We hope you will become a part of our tribe or practice community. Our team will answer any and all questions. If you were not able to fill your paperwork out online, no problem, we will have a paper copy for you to fill out in person.
- You’ll then meet with Dr. Dody who will sit down and discuss what brought you in and your health goals. Then we will perform an examination including three neuro-functional scans.
- Please allow about 45 minutes for the initial appointment.
The Second Visit
- When you return, Dr. Dody will go over his report of findings. During this appointment, he’ll go into detail about the three neuro-functional scans and what exactly he found. Next, he will provide you with information about how chiropractic can best serve you and your family.
- If Dr. Dody has confirmed subluxation in your case that means that he can help you and we will be happy to accept you as a patient. If that is the situation, then we will give you our best recommendations for care at that point.
The New Patient Journey
There are four progressive levels of care in our chiropractic office. It is important that you understand what is available to you here so you can choose the level of care appropriate for your health objectives.
Simply stated, the four levels of care are:
- Initial intensive care
- Prevention through stabilization
- Health Maintenance
- Health Development
So, what do these mean to you?
Initial Intensive Care
When new patients come to our office, we ask what their health objectives are. Often, the answer is to help them get rid of a health problem that they have and do not want. Assuming the problem is either acute or chronic, but not permanent, we can often help turn the direction of a person’s health around during initial intensive care. Many consider this the treatment phase of care but that is over simplified. Once the outward signs of the problem have been addressed, the obvious question is, “would you be willing to take the additional steps that would be necessary to strengthen and stabilize your health so that the problem that caused you to consult us would be far less likely to return?” Almost everyone understands the value of this step and we move on to the prevention and stabilization stage of care.
Prevention Through Stabilization
Patients who work towards stability and strength to prevent the return of a health problem find that their overall health also improves and they want to maintain it. More often than not, if we make the analogy of a gym, what would you need to do to maintain weight loss after you have achieved it? The answer is to keep doing everything that you did to accomplish your objective in order to prevent the problem from coming back.
The maintenance phase of care in this office is almost always at a reduced frequency of visits than either correction or prevention and stabilization.
Health development clients consult with us regularly about which lifestyle strategies could be employed that would cause their health to improve year after year.
The people that derive the most and longest standing benefits to their care here are the ones that understand the most and partner with us on making their health the priority it should be.