Dody Chiropractic is a holistic wellness center that takes a “whole person / whole body” approach. One of the ways we implement this is through Functional Nutrition.
At Dody Chiropractic Center for Wholeness, we perform Functional Nutrition Blood Work, and from the results, we can provide customized holistic recommendations to address your individual health and nutrition needs. The ultimate goal is not only to reduce any existing issues but to prevent future ones, allowing you to live a happier and healthier life!
What is Functional Nutrition?
Functional Nutrition is based on the idea of Functional Medicine. It is a unique way of treating and preventing illness by addressing the whole self, not just the symptoms. We look to get to the underlying cause of your symptoms, not just mask the symptoms.
For example, say you went to visit your doctor because you were experiencing flu-like symptoms. They might send you home with a prescription and check in with you after a few days.
But with Functional Nutrition, our doctor tries to address why you developed these symptoms in the first place. Was it stress, lack of sleep, poor nutrition, or some combination of those things? The doctor would then try to address those underlying issues considering all body systems.
The goal of Functional Nutrition is not only to reduce or eliminate any existing issues but to prevent future ones.
Functional Nutrition is a highly personalized plan for health. It is all about using food as medicine and high-quality, holistic remedies, mainly to increase health and wellness.
What Does Functional Nutrition Treat?
Functional Nutrition treats a wide variety of symptoms. At our clinic, we especially see many people with Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. However, Functional Nutrition can be applied to just about any disease, disorder, or ailment.
It can even be applied to healthy people who want to prevent issues as they age!
What Is Functional Nutrition Blood Work?
This comprehensive blood chemistry panel is the most efficient, effective, and affordable general screening test. The blood work helps us establish a baseline of biomarkers to track your health and nutritional needs. From here, we can provide personalized recommendations and actionable steps to help you transform your health.
How Does It Work?
- Get started by scheduling a FREE 15-minute phone/online evaluation
- Get your blood drawn at any local LabCorp or Quest Diagnostic lab
- Get your results and in-depth report
- Schedule a time to get your report of findings and go over your results
- Use the actionable steps and recommendations from your report to make healthy choices informed by your data
How Is This Approach To Nutrition Unique?
Maybe you have already sought help from a professional for your gastrointestinal or other gut health issues. How would seeing a functional nutrition expert be any different from that?
- Treating the Whole Person- A Functional Nutrition practitioner’s ultimate goal is to help you alleviate your symptoms and restore wellness. But, more than that, they want to make sure you are holistically well. They believe that each of the body systems is interconnected. So, in order to promote optimal wellness, functional Nutrition advises on diet and lifestyle conditions.
- A Personalized Approach –Functional Nutrition is all about personalized care. No two people are exactly alike—even if their symptoms are the same. Functional Nutrition takes into consideration everything that makes you unique.
This approach increases the likelihood that you can find a sustainable, long-term solution to your health issues.
If you would like to find out if Functional Nutrition is right for you, schedule a FREE 15-minute evaluation today! We will answer any questions you may have and tell you how to get started!