This is a virus resource page to help you and your body better handle any virus you may come in contact with. Viruses are a part of human life. It seems like all I hear about these days is the outbreak of a certain virus. It’s all over the news. Everywhere I go, they are wiping things down, there is no toilet paper or paper towels at the store, no canned food or bottled water on the shelves, and every email in my inbox has to do with this crazy viral pandemic! Everyone is talking about it, worried about it, and wondering what they can do to protect themselves. Well, look no further!
What Is The Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is a class of common viruses that causes upper respiratory infections. The specific coronavirus that we are currently dealing with is called COVID-19. This group of viruses is not associated with severe outcomes for those with normal immune system function.
What Are The Symptoms of Coronavirus?
The virus causes upper respiratory infections, symptoms reported are cough, fever and breathing issues. In extreme cases, a person could develop pneumonia.
How Do You Treat Coronavirus?
Viral infections do not respond to antibiotics. The best and only way to help combat coronavirus or even the flu is to boost your natural immune system function. We have an infographic on what you can do to catch the coronavirus, which is our humorous way to explain how to lower immune system function.
How Does The Immune System Work Against The Coronavirus?
The immune system is our defense against any microbial invaders. It protects our body from germ imbalances and cell changes that could make us ill.
Once our immune system detects an invader, it springs into action by sending billions of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. These cells are the front line in defense against those invaders.
This whole process is adaptive and responds naturally without you even thinking about it. The central nervous system controls and coordinates the adaptation and response of your nervous system.
How Do The Immune System And Nervous System Work Together?
Research showed that the immune system and nervous system are intricately connected and this connection is essential for you to fight off germs. This is now taught in medical schools as the neuroimmunology, because you can’t separate the two systems.
How Does Chiropractic Play a Role In Boosting Immune System Function?
Research showed gentle chiropractic adjustments, similar to the style I do here at Dody Chiropractic, helps boost immune system function. The adjustment helps the nervous system function better, which in turn helps the immune system function better. The researcher found that people who get adjusted regularly have a stronger immunity.
The 2010 study showed an increased level of a molecule called Interleukin-2. This molecule is a signaling molecule that regulates white blood cell activity, which is directly responsible for immunity. Interleukin-2 impacts the body’s natural response to recognize foreign invaders and adapt to create specific responses to neutralize them. The bottom line is that people who receive regular chiropractic adjustments had higher levels of this protein compared to those who did not get adjusted.
Supplements To Keep You Strong Against Any Virus
Research also shows that certain supplements can greatly improve immune system function as well.
The immune-enhancing role of vitamin C is well documented. In a 2006 study, vitamin C taken with zinc reduced symptoms and shortened the duration of respiratory tract infections.
Probiotics play an important role in your immune system function. Researchers showed probiotics can inhibit pathogens from getting into your system via the intestines. This increases your health against pathogen infection.
Since the 1950s, researchers in the area of immunology have looked into the health benefits of hyperimmunity by consuming dairy products from hyperimmunized laying hens and lactating cows. IgY Immunoglobulins and immune-supporting cofactor from hyperimmune eggs provide passive immunity to many human pathogens. These immunoglobulins are found in a supplement we recommend called IG 26 DF.
Vitamin D supplementation, especially during the winter months, is known to help prevent colds and the flu. A research study in The British Medical Journal showed Vitamin D supplementation was safe and it protected against acute respiratory tract infections.
Zinc has been shown to reduce the duration of the common cold. The type of zinc is important, so we recommend this zinc– a fully reacted, proprietary TRAACS® amino acid chelate formulated for enhanced absorption.
Nano-technology silver is one of the most potent antimicrobial supplements on the market. Not all silver supplements are the same, check out this article on the silver product we recommend and why safety of the product is so important.
- N-Acetyl-Cystine (NAC):
- Supports Glutathione Synthesis
- Supports Detoxification of Environmental Toxins and Pollutants
- Supports Antioxidant Activity in all Body Cells
- Supports Healthy Respiratory Function
- Thins mucus
- Lowers chances of influenza infection and reduces risk of severe bronchitis
- Immunotix 250 or 500:
- Supports Healthy Immune Function
- Supports the Body’s Defenses Against Seasonal Immune Challenges
- Supports Hematopoiesis Following Radiation and Other Bone Marrow Insults
- Reduces severity of influenza infection
- Reduces influenza mortality in animal studies
- Xcellent C:
- High-Potency Vitamin C Formula Provides 750 mg Vitamin C per Capsule
- Formulated with BioPerine® to Enhance Nutrient Bioavailability
- Supports Immune and Antioxidant Systems
- Supports Production of Collagen, Carnitine, and Neurotransmitters
- Buffered with Minerals to Help Prevent Potential Stomach Upset
- ProbioMax® Complete:
- Helps Maintain a Healthy Intestinal Microecology
- Supports the Natural Immune Response
- Supports Bowel Regularity
- Supports Lactose Digestion
- IG 26 DF:
- Provides Immunoglobulins and Immune Regulating Factors That Promote Intestinal and Systemic Health
- Supports Passive Immunity in the Intestine
- Promotes Balanced Cytokine Production
- Supports Muscle Performance and Recovery
- K2-D3 5000:
- Supports Bone Health by Promoting Carboxylation of Bone Proteins
- Supports Cardiovascular Health by Affecting Arterial Calcium Deposits
- Supports Healthy Blood Clotting
- Xcellent A 7500:
- Supports Healthy Immune Function
- Promotes Healthy Skin and Mucous Membranes
- Provides Vitamin A Repletion in Cases of Deficiency
- Supports the Effective Function of Immune Cells and Their Proliferation
- Supports Antioxidant Activity
- Promotes Healthy Skin and Mucous Membranes
- Decreases Oxidative Stress
- Cold & Flu Pack: Each item can be purchased separately, but, purchased as a package, you receive 10% discount. Please call 303-794-1737 to purchase- we can ship! The package includes:
- Silver Health Max 30 and Silver Lozenges help fight against bacteria, viruses & fungus by preventing them from replicating. This helps your natural immune system to take over with the ability to better fight against the invaders. To learn more about this special technology and how it works, click here.
- Vitamin D3 is really important for immune health and most people are deficient. Every cell in our body has a Vitamin D receptor! Vitamin D turns on special peptides in your immune system that trigger a strong antimicrobial response, which allows the body to quickly and effectively fight off unwanted invaders like a viruses!
- Lauricidin is an important supplement because it helps your body fight infection and inflammation. It can help promote a strong immune defense, a healthy balance of gut bacteria, and healthy yeast levels.
How Much of Each Supplement Should I Take?
The provisional daily dosage suggestions are as follows:
|NAC||1-2 caps twice/day|
|Xcellent C||2 caps twice/day|
|ProbioMax Complete||1 cap/day|
|IG 26 DF||4 caps/day|
|K2 D3 5000||1 cap/day|
|Xcellent A 7500||1 cap/day|
There are some people who are more susceptible to contracting any virus than normal and these people do need to be aware. However, no matter who you are, the best thing you can do is to take care of your body and boost your immune system. Use the supplements above which research shows increases your immune system’s ability to fight off viruses. Don’t give in to the hysteria, but rather, be proactive in taking care of yourself.
If you have any questions on how to make sure your immune system is strong, please contact us at 303-794-1737 or contact us online.